Application Deadline: 31 March 2014
ESMOD Berlin is calling for applications to apply for two Hessnatur Scholarships to attend the International Masters Programme - Sustainability in Fashion commencing in October 2014. Hessnatur is a natural clothing company that produces organic clothing and textiles, whom is one of Europe’s largest online fashion distributors, and known internationally as an ecological and fair trade pioneer. Hessnatur will continue their support for the programme through again providing two outstanding fashion designers whom have an engagement with sustainability, with a scholarship that will cover half of the tuition to complete the innovative one-year English taught course.
How to Apply
Applications are sought from candidates from any country internationally with a fashion background in design, marketing or similar and a strong interest in sustainability in fashion. You must also meet the eligibility requirements of the Masters Programme to apply for the scholarship and follow the application procedure outlined below for a place within the course. In addition, you must complete the Hessnatur scholarship application form. You have the chance to present yourself and your background and experiences in a short digital outline.
The winning applicant should be aware that they need to be able to meet the remaining financial requirements to support their studies through the one year programme including living costs, relocation costs and course related material costs.
The winning recipient should display an innovative design portfolio with a high degree of excellence in conceptual and practical execution. Applications from candidates with a fashion marketing background will also be accepted and the portfolio must be devised to meet your individual requirements. The applicant should demonstrate a passion for sustainability within fashion and the portfolio must reflect the applicant’s engagement with sustainability to date.
• Professional expertise
• Passion for sustainability in fashion
• Social competences and values
• The Hessnatur scholarship supports social fairness. In the case of equally successful applications, candidates who are financially or socially disadvantaged, will be given preference.
Support Provide: Tuition Fees Support, 2 Scholarships for 5,500 Euros
Application Deadline: 31st March 2014
Notification Date: 5th May 2014
Course Start Date: 17 October 2014
Study Mode: Fulltime
Course Duration: 12 months
Academic Qualification: Master of Arts
Credit Points: 60
Required Application Material
To apply for the scholarship we require:
- The completed Application Form for the Hessnatur Scholarship and include a written statement of 250 words (maximum) about your passion for sustainability in fashion and why you want to do the course and why you should be the on who is chosen. Written statements that exceed the work limit will not be accepted.
- Maximum 4 page (A4) presentation of yourself including: resume/CV/biography outlining your current experiences to date including academic qualifications and work experience as excerpts of your creative portfolio. This must be an edited selection of your best work to date
- The whole application must be submitted in English
- You are also required to submit the regular application documents for the Masters Programme, please see the Hessnatur Scholarship Application Form for further details.
When Sending Your Application
- Applications that do not adhere to the Required Application Material outline will not be accepted.
- Applications must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and be received by 5pm on the day of the deadline
- Emails must be sent with the email subject heading Hessnatur Scholarship Application
- All documents outlined in the Required Application Material must be combined into one PDF (in the order listed), which does not exceed the size of 3MBs and comes in A4 format.
- The Application as a PDF document must be named in the following format YOURFIRSTNAME_LASTNAME_hessnatur_Scholarship_ Application 2014.pdf (for example: Jane_Smith_hessnatur_Scholarship_Application_2014)
For application information and enquiries please contact Lizzie Delfs, Communications and Student Liaison email@example.com
Hessnatur is Germany’s leading natural fashion brand and is a pioneer in eco-fashion. Founded in 1976 by environmentalist Heinz Hess with an organic baby collection, Hessnatur established the world’s first organic cotton project. Today the brand is recognized for its exclusive and beautiful fashion as well as its uncompromising principles. Hessnatur received the German Sustainability award in 2008 and created, in 2010, the Humanity in Fashion award, given annually at Berlin Fashion Week to a young, talented designer in a sustainable fashion competition.