About the course
The course facilitates a successful entrance into leadership positions and entrepreneurship within the international fashion industry. Taking part in workshops, colloquiums and excursions as well as a practical exchange abroad provides students with a deeper understanding of the industry.
The hands-on approach encourages students to explore aspects of sustainability in developing design strategies and methods for the future, as well as providing access to innovative materials, technologies and production techniques. The creative development of the students is stimulated by the extensive yet focused approach to innovation. Sustainability in Fashion enables students to take existing restrictions as a chance to develop new, courageous and progressive fashion concepts.
Sustainability in fashion means creating a new awareness in the fashion business, and a lasting influence in style.
focus on sustainability
- Ethical and social
- Economically sustainable
- Implementation of sustainable ways of thinking and acting
- Impetus for innovation
- Development of visions and design strategies for the implementation of sustainable methods
- Access to innovative materials, techniques and methods of production
- Visions for trade, productions and communication
- Creation of new business models
- Creative progression
- Development of a personal design statement
- Finding new strategic solutions
- Developing business projects
- Expanding international networks
- Expanding personal objectives
Image Credit: Vida Ipektchi, Masters Alumni 2012, Photography by Linn Kuhlmann